Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
MAxi DAS

2129 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-30 18:52:32

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    ArturoEspinoza
    2015-07-23 17:34:27
      So heres my issue, I havent used my maxi das in awhile. I was injured in  a vehicle accident and have been taking it easy, well long story short my mother in law had a check engine light on and she asked if I could scan her vehicle. I attempted to scan the 2008 dodge caravan and it could not communicate with the pcm. I figured it was out date and logged onto wifi to check for updates, there were several and so I started downloading them. when it was finished it had erased all my vehicle programs, I checked online and it states my maxi is out of date and needs  to be upgraded to the toon of 695 $. I am not ready to make this purchase but would like what I did have on my maxi already, why would they erase what I already have ??/

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2015-07-30 18:52:32 (Reply to:ArturoEspinoza)

I suspect it may have done partial downloads and damaged your software. But no matter what the case unless you had made a backup of your card there is no going back . Your only recourse is to pay the subscription cost so you can have access to the server again. And to be honest it is the case with pretty much all diag equipment. If your software becomes corrupted/damaged and you don't have a subscription or are not under warranty your SOL and you have to buy a update.
  Total1 Pages